SINGAPORE: The sound of an explosion jolted residents at Lorong Limau in Balestier on Tuesday (Feb 3) after a car caught fire.
MediaCorp hotline caller Ivan, said he was having his meal when he heard the explosion. He said a van that was parked beside the car was also burnt.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to the fire at 6.30pm at Block 76 Lorong Limau. Its officers put out the fire using two water jets. No one was injured.
SCDF added that the main cause of vehicle fires is “due to ignition sources such as overheating and electrical...
SINGAPORE - A taxi was destroyed by a fire on Monday morning in Bukit Timah.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to the car fire - at the junction of Hindhede Drive and Bukit Way - at around 10.30am
Two fire bikes and two fire engines were sent to the scene, and put out the blaze in 10 minutes, a spokesman added.
Nobody was injured, but damage to the vehicle was extensive, according to the SCDF.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
An eyewitness quoted in Shin Min Daily News said between four and five explosions were...
These are some of the fire accidents that happened at various locations around Singapore in Jan 2015. We must always be careful and take some fire safety precautions!
1) 27 Jan 2015 - Block 506, Serangoon North Avenue 4 on Tuesday afternoon
2) 21 Jan 2015 - Small Fire at Fitness First's Marina Bay Financial Centre
3) 1 Jan 2015 - Flat in Tampines St 43 caught fire, residents evacuated
1) 29 Dec 2014 - Bussorah St restaurant catches fire early Monday
2) 16 Dec 2014 - Fire at Syed Alwi Road Shophouse, no injuries reported
3) 6 Dec 2014 - 4 Malaysians Killed In Geylang Hostel Fire In Singapore
Please feel free to call our hotline at +65 8500 9210 for orders and enquiries.